Corrugated boxes are a popular choice for many businesses in the paper and packaging industry. They are made from layers of corrugated paper that are glued or taped together. The most common type of corrugation is 3-ply, which consists of three layers of paper—two outer liners and one inner flute. This construction gives corrugated boxes their strength and durability, making them an ideal choice for packaging products that need to be shipped.
In addition to their strength, corrugated boxes are also lightweight and easy to assemble, which makes them a cost-effective packaging solution. But do you know that factors like the bursting strength of the materials will matter the most? This means that testing the bursting strength of paper and cardboard materials is very important to test their quality. Thus we at Presto have come up with one of the amazing lab testing instruments known as the bursting strength tester. This is one of the high-quality lab testing equipment that is useful in determining the bursting strength of materials with ease. With Presto bursting strength tester you can easily test the cardboard boxes and other related products with ease.
Here in this blog, we are going to provide information about how a bursting strength tester is helpful in testing the bursting strength of cardboards with ease. So, let us get started!
What is bursting strength in cardboards?
The burst strength of corrugated boxes and flexible packaging is an important measure in the packaging industry. In general, the higher the burst strength, the better the quality of the packaging. Burst strength is typically measured by placing a sample of the packaging material on an apparatus that slowly applies force to the sample until it bursts. The amount of force required to burst the sample is then recorded. This information can be used to compare different types of packaging materials and to determine which materials are best suited for specific applications. By understanding burst strength, companies can choose packaging materials that will provide the best protection for their products.
Presto is a leading manufacturer of bursting strength testers and provides you with the digital model of this lab testing instrument. This is considered to be the best testing instrument for anyone who wants to test the bursting strength of boxes with ease. This testing machine is very simple to operate and it comes with a calibration certificate as well. The bursting strength is a bit different from the bursting factor. You can read about the difference between the bursting strength of materials and the bursting factor of corrugated boxes.
Now, let us focus on the features and technical specifications of this lab testing instrument.
Features of Presto bursting strength tester
When you are in the business of paper and package manufacturing, it is important to use high-quality packing materials to ensure that your products arrive at their destination in one piece.
Corrugated boxes are a popular option for packaging, as they are strong and lightweight. However, not all corrugated boxes are created equal. In order to ensure that you are using the best possible packaging for your products, it is important to test the strength of the material.
Bursting strength is one of the most important properties to consider, as it helps to determine how well the box will withstand pressure. By testing the bursting strength of your corrugated boxes, you can be sure that your products will arrive safely at their destination.
Below we have listed the features of the Presto bursting strength tester.
- The testing instrument is very easy to operate.
- It indicates digital readings.
- It provides consistent, repeatable, and reliable data.
- It has a TARE facility.
- The lab equipment has a Digital LED display.
- It has a peak hold facility for maintaining the highest value in the memory.
- It has a Calibration facility available.
- The laboratory instrument also has feather touch controls.
- Single Push-Button Operation
- Microprocessor-based display for accurate test results
- Memory to hold up to 9 test reading
- Highly accurate test results under multidirectional Force
- Strong Gripping clamps
- Grooved structure of Test Specimen Holder to avoid slippage and intact holding of the specimen under test
- No slippage in case specimen is tightened uniformly using operating wheel
- It has been made with standards like ASTM 3786 and ISO 2758/ 3303/ 3689
Technical Specifications of Presto bursting strength tester
- Equipment Bursting Capacity: 40 Kg/cm²
- Least Count: 0.1 Kg/cm2
- Repeatability: ± 1 % within 10% to 9% of extra range as per IS:1828
- Opening in upper clamp: 31.5 mm diameter
- Opening in lower clamp: 30.5 mm diameter
- Rate of fluid displacement: 95 cc/min. (± 5 cc/min)
- Test fluid: Glycerin is about 98% purified (LAB GRADE)
- Glycerin Capacity: 200 ml.
- Geared Motor: 1/4HP, Single Phase, 120 RPM
- Pressure Sensor: Pressure Transducer Sensor, output – 4 -20 mA, Range – 40 Bar)
- Power Supply: 220 Volt AC, 50Hz, Single Phase
- Earthing Required: Proper Earthing is required with respect to neutral and earth voltage with a value not more than 0-4 Volts AC.
With these features and technical specifications, it will be easy for you to test the bursting strength of cardboards with ease. You can read about the importance of using a bursting strength tester in the packaging industry. To conduct a free sample testing session of this lab testing equipment, you can give us a call at +91-9210903903 or email us at email@example.com. Our team of technical experts will easily consult you regarding all your queries.