Scuffing and scratching is an unavoidable reality of shipping, handling, and storage - but that doesn't mean your packaging has to suffer. A Scuff Resistance Test (SRT) can help you identify potential areas of weakness in your design so that you can make changes early on. The scuff resistance test can be used to assess the durability of your packaging and make improvements where necessary. With a scuff resistance test, you can be confident that your packaging will stand up to the rigors of the supply chain and arrive at its destination in perfect condition. Thus, we at Presto have come up with one of the amazing lab testing equipment known as scuff resistance testing equipment. It has been designed in accordance with industry standards and helps you to evaluate the print quality and rub proofness of materials with ease.
Here in this blog, we are going to provide you with information about scuff-resistance testing equipment and how this lab testing equipment is helpful in testing the scuff resistance of materials with ease.
What is a scuff resistance tester?
Printed material is widely used to communicate vital information about a product or brand. This information can include everything from handling instructions and branding to company logos and contact information. However, if printed materials are not resistant to scuffs and scratches, this can damage their appearance and detract from the overall message being communicated. To ensure that printed materials retain their integrity and look their best, it is important to choose a printing process that will result in a durable, scratch-resistant finish. With the use of a scuff resistance tester, you can be confident that your printed materials will withstand the rigors of daily use and continue to communicate your message clearly for years to come.
The scuff resistance testing instrument is one of the effective lab testing instruments that is used to test the rub proofness of paper to ensure print quality. We at Presto are a leading manufacturer of scuff resistance testers and are helpful in testing the scuff resistance of printed labels.
Below we have listed the features & technical specifications of the Presto scuff resistance tester.
Features of Presto scuff resistance tester
The scuff resistance of a material is important to consider when printing labels or other informational text. This is because the scuffing test checks the durability and sustainability of materials during handling and transportation.
If a material is not resistant to scuffing, it is more likely to be damaged during these activities. As a result, it is important to use high-quality ink when printing on labels or other corrugated materials. A scuff resistance tester is an essential tool for testing the strength of printed material. By conducting this test, you can ensure that your labels will withstand the rigors of handling and transportation.
- Easy to operate and install
- Reduce printing error by effective testing
- Highly accurate testing results of printing quality
- It has been pre-set with a large number of strokes (typically 100 cycles)
- The machine can be started as per customer specifications
- Sample can be tested within a short span of time
- Consists of an HMI display for accurate reading of the test.
Technical Specifications of Presto scuff resistance tester
- Model Type: Mini Bench Model
- Test Weight: 2psi (Customized as per Requirement)
- Rubbing: Uni-Directional @60rpm both upper jaw and lower jaw
- Counter: 6 -digit Digital Preset type with LCD Display
- Digital Counter Range: 0- 999999 Counts
- Diameter of Upper Clamp: 48mm ± 2mm
- Diameter of Lower Clamp: 120mm ± 2mm
- Upper Motor Capacity: 20 kg/cm2 Torque/ 220VAC Single Phase
- Lower Motor Capacity: 6 Watt
- Rotation of Upper Clamp: clockwise @60 rpm
- Rotation of Lower Clamp: Clockwise @60 rpm
- Safety Lock: Provided with Upper Clamp
- Mode of Operation: Motorized
- Input Voltage: 5 Amp. 220 V AC, Single Phase, 50 Hz + Earth
- Sample Preparation Templates: 3 Nos. (50, 100, 200)
- Standard: ASTM F 2497-05, BS 3110:1959
With these features and technical specifications, it will be easy for you to test the scuff resistance of materials with ease. This lab testing instrument will easily conduct the abrasion test with the help of the Presto scuff resistance tester. You can easily take a scuff resistance test, you can easily give us a call at +91-9210903903 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team of technical experts will assist you with all your queries.