In the context of the paper and packaging industry, testing the grammage of paper is an important part of quality and performance. Grammage refers to the weight of paper per unit area, commonly measured in grams per square meter (g/m²). By meticulously assessing grammage, manufacturers can precisely determine the thickness, density, and overall characteristics of their papers. If you are looking for an accurate lab testing instrument for conducting grammage tests for paper, then you can easily use a grammage checking kit. This is one of the high-quality lab testing instruments that is used to test the grammage of paper and its related products with accuracy and precision.
This high-quality lab testing instrument contains a GSM round cutter and GSM weighing balance that will help the users cut the samples and measure their weight for the grammage test. In this blog, we will discuss a brief about grammage test for paper and why it is important. So, let us get started!
Introduction to the Grammage Test for Paper
The grammage test is an essential quality test that will be performed on the material to determine the weight and thickness of the paper. With the help of this quality test, manufacturers can easily test the paper grammage and ensure accurate analysis of the quality of the paper. This quality test is crucial for manufacturers to ensure consistency in paper quality and helps consumers understand the characteristics of different types of paper.
The grammage of packaging material will be measured in mass per unit area (g/m²) of a sheet of paper. You can easily calculate the grammage with the help of our grammage checking kit.
To calculate the paper grammage, you can use the below-mentioned grammage calculation formula:
Grammage calculation formula:
Weight per square meter (in grams)= Weight of the sample in grams X 10000
Area of sample in cm2
You can easily use this paper grammage calculator formula and perform accurate grammage testing.
Now, let us discuss the components of the Presto grammage checking kit.
Different components of the Presto grammage checking kit
- GSM round cutter: This is one of the high-quality lab testing instruments that can be used to cut the samples accurately in a circular motion. The sample cutter cuts a circular specimen of 100 Cm2, which is exactly 1 / 100th of a square meter, rapidly and accurately. The result is grams, multiplied by 100, which gives the GSM (Grams per square meter) directly. This testing instrument has been designed with high-quality features that are listed below:
- The main body is made of excellent quality aluminium casting for lightweight and resilience.
- Lock system provided for safety.
- 2 No’s Special quality GSM pad is provided for support to the specimen while cutting.
- The machine is equipped with 4 nos. of replaceable German Blades.
- The movement of the Handle knob is ¼ rounds to cut a sample.
- Digital GSM Balance: Presto digital GSM balance will let you easily perform balance weighing for applications such as specific gravity density determination. This digital weighing balance is normally elevated supported on all feet and leveled. A fine wire is attached to the built-in hook at the bottom of the balance. Below we have listed the top features of this quality testing equipment.
- It has display intensity along with memory features.
- It has a jewel measurement function to measure the specimen in carat, counting, and percentage.
- It is equipped with a scale that has a compact windshield.
- The testing instrument is supplied with a calibration certificate along with a user manual.
- Specially designed to gauge the GSM of paper and packaging.
- Highly accurate testing results.
- Easy to operate
With these high-end features of these components, manufacturers of the paper industry can easily conduct grammage tests on paper and ensure accurate quality products. If you want to take a free sample testing session for the use of this quality testing equipment, then you can give us a call at +91-9210 903 903 or email us at email@example.com. Our team of technical experts will assist you regarding all your needs and queries.