The coefficient of friction is a major attribute of packaging products. It helps to determine the amount of friction provided to the material to measure the changes that occur in the state of motion. By measuring the coefficient of friction, we can help to optimize the packaging process and ensure that products are protected from damage during transport. In addition, the coefficient of friction can help us to understand how different materials interact with one another, which is essential for designing effective packaging solutions. Thus, we at Presto have come up with one of the effective lab testing instruments known as the coefficient of friction tester.
This quality lab test will be done in order to evaluate the stackability of plastic sheets and thermoplastic films. By understanding the coefficient of friction, you can make sure that products arrive at their destination safely and in pristine condition. Here in this blog, we are going to provide you the information about the co-efficient of friction and how this lab testing instrument is helpful in measuring the friction for plastic films. So, let us get started!
Introduction about Presto co-efficient of friction tester
Friction is considered to be the resistive force that will prevent the objects from sliding freely against each other. The friction tester is a lab testing instrument that is useful in evaluating the frictional properties of materials like thermoplastic films, laminates, etc. Presto is a leader of manufacturing quality lab testing instruments and provides you with high-quality testing equipment at the best and most affordable prices.
One of the highly used lab testing equipment used in the paper and packaging industry is the co-efficient of friction tester. This quality lab testing instrument is used to evaluate the sliding friction of plastic sheets, papers, films, and pipes. A lower friction coefficient indicates that the surfaces are slicker which means there is less resistance to the sliding motion. The coefficient of Friction values is related to the slip properties of films.
The Presto COF tester will help you to determine the exact COF properties of packaging materials with ease. It comes with a microprocessor-based display for showing accurate testing results. You can easily view the dynamic and kinetic friction of the materials and its memory can hold up to 9 test readings. Besides this, it has been embedded with other high-quality features as well. We have mentioned them below.
Features of Presto co-efficient of friction tester
The Presto coefficient of friction tester is one of the high-quality lab testing instrument providers that can measure the stackability of plastic films and ensure the slip properties of the materials. This testing machine will help professionals to study the surface properties of materials with ease.
Below we have listed the features of the Presto co-efficient of friction tester:
- Microprocessor-based display for accurate test results
- Display for Dynamic and Kinetic Friction
- Memory to hold up to 9 test reading
- Highly accurate test results under sliding friction.
- Steel with Glass Mounting as Sample Mounting Surface
- Slider Block for performing tests – Sample to Sample, glass or metal
- No slippage in case specimen is tightened uniformly using fly screws without any loops.
- Bright LED display
- Feather touch controls
- ** Available in the computerized model also.
- Standards : ASTM D 618, ASTM D 883, BS 2782, and ASTM D 1894
Technical Specifications of Presto co-efficient friction tester
- Co-efficient of friction reveals the degree of transgression a sheet will successfully suffer, without affecting the labels and prints
- Maximum Capacity of Load Cell: 3 Kgf
- Display: Digital LED Display
- Device Accuracy: ± 1% within the entire range
- Resolution /Least Count: 0.1 gm
- Power: 220V, Single phase, 50 Hz
- Speed: 150 ± 30 mm/min
- Motor: 1/4 HP Single Phase, 1440 rpm
With these features and technical specifications, it will be easy for you to determine the frictional properties of materials with ease. To measure the co-efficient friction using our lab testing instrument, follow the steps mentioned below.
How do measure the co-efficient of friction?
To measure the coefficient of friction of plastic films or similar materials, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Before operating the machine, prepare the sample first. You can take the sheet according to the size of the glass approximately of size 53 x 15 x 1mm. The sample is placed over the glass sheet and this will provide smooth support for the specimen.
- Place the test sample on the glass slab and tighten the sample across the glass slab with the help of fly screws attached to the corner.
- Take the slide block to the extreme left using the toggle switch.
- Now attach the test block to the slide block with the help of a string in such a manner that the load cell must not touch the fly clamp.
- Once you follow all the above steps then you can easily commence the test.
In this way, you can easily commence the test. You can also read about the importance of co-efficient of friction in the plastic industry. If you want to take a FREE sample testing session, then you can give us a call at +91-9210903903 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your queries.