PET is a strong, lightweight material that is used in a wide variety of products, including beverage containers, food packaging, and synthetic fibers. The thickness of the walls of PET containers is an important quality control parameter. It affects the strength and rigidity of the container, as well as its ability to withstand pressure and changes in temperature. Measuring the wall thickness of PET containers is thus essential for ensuring their quality and safety. Thus, with the help of the Magnamike 8600 wall thickness gauge, you will be able to test the wall thickness of PET products like bottles, cans, etc.
Here in this blog, we are going to provide you the information about how you can easily maintain Magnamike 8600 wall thickness gauge. But first, we will discuss brief information on the wall thickness gauge and how this lab testing instrument is helpful in maintaining the bottle quality. So, let us get started!
Introduction about wall thickness gauge
In order to ensure that the products they deliver meet customer expectations, manufacturers need to test the quality of their PET bottles. Wall thickness is one of the key factors that need to be controlled in order to ensure that the bottles are strong enough to withstand the rigors of use. Magnamike 8600 wall thickness measurement testing instrument comes with a magnetic probe to determine the wall thickness of materials with ease. This testing instrument will work on the principle of hall’s effect making it easy for you to perform destructive testing on the materials with ease.
By measuring the thickness of the wall of a PET bottle, manufacturers can ensure that their products meet the highest standards of quality. This lab testing equipment has been equipped with high-end features that include a large colored VGA display, and a high-quality solid-state electrolyte cell with a special manufacturing technique.
Its principle of operation is also simple. You can also read more on the work of Magnamike 8600. Now, let us focus on the features and technical specifications of this lab testing instruments.
Features of Presto Magnamike 8600- wall thickness gauge
This high-quality wall thickness measurement testing instrument will help you to display the wall thickness measurement in an easy-to-read digital format. Below we have discussed the advanced features of this lab testing instrument.
- There are two probes designed provided with the instrument that is straight and right angle probes.
- Replaceable wear caps are provided with instruments that are easily changeable.
- The instrument is given with expanded target selections that are 3/16 and ¼ inches magnetic target balls and wire target type.
- The instrument can gauge thickness range up to 25.4 mm.
- Larger Display with video graphic
- Equipped with USB and VGA outputs.
- There is a save and recall feature provided with stored calibration files.
- It has a new and improved design of the case with a bench style.
- The data files can be exported easily to an SD card in .txt or CSV format.
- There is a strip chart view available with the device.
- Measurement based on probe’s Hall Effect sensor
- Digital Display readout
- Repeatability in test measurements of the test sample
- Measurements through Target Ball or wire or Disk using Magnetic field
- Replaceable Wear Caps – Standard and Chisel type
- Larger Color VGA display
- Fast measurement update 60Hz
- Programmable Instrument lock with password
- RS-232/USB/VGA output Communication Modes
- Direct Interface to Excel spreadsheet
- WINXL interface program
- Generate on-board reports
- Designed with an IP67 rating
- Expanded alphanumeric data logger
- Bench style case with improved gage stand
- Low and high reading Alarm
- Inbuilt Calibration Facility
Technical Specifications of Magnamike 8600- wall thickness gauge
- The instrument is available in multiple languages including English, French, Japanese, Chinese, and several others.
- The instrument is provided with an onboard storage card of 2 GB capacity.
- The battery life of the instrument is up to 12 hours.
- The instrument is equipped with a digital display with a VGA resolution of 640 X 480 pixels with transfected color LCD.
- The display has a dimension of 117 mm X 89 mm X 146 mm.
- The instrument runs on a power supply of 100 V AC to 120 V AC, and 200 V AC to 220 V AC.
- The capture measurement rate of the instrument is given as 60 Hz.
- The update rates offered by the display are 4 Hz, 8 Hz, 16 Hz, and 20 Hz.
- There are high and low alarms provided with the device.
- The device offers a high-resolution range from 0.1 mm to 0.001 mm depending upon the thickness range.
- There is an internal data logger equipped with the device which is a file-based alphanumeric data logger.
- There are two probes provided with the device are standards straight probe with 18.8 mm dia. and a right angle probe head with 18.8 mm dia.
- The instrument is shock tested; drop-tested and is designed for IP67 working.
- The instrument is given with a USB 2.0 peripheral port.
- There is also a VGA video output provided with the device.
- Maximum Thickness range: Up to4mm (1.00 in.)
- Minimum Thickness range: 0.001mm (0.0001 in.)
With these features and technical specifications, it will be easy for you to measure the wall thickness of materials with ease. This lab testing equipment will highly ensure the wall thickness of PET bottles in a non-destructive manner. Now, let us focus on the tips to maintain the Magnamike wall thickness gauge.
Tips to maintain Magnamike 8600-wall thickness gauge
In order to make sure that this testing instrument will work for a longer period of time, you need to maintain it. Thus, to ease its maintenance, you can follow the tips mentioned below.
- If the Magna-Mike 8600 is to be used with a rechargeable battery, only use Olympus battery P/N: 600-BAT-L [U8760056]. Do not use this battery with other products.
- Do not attempt to power or charge other electronic equipment with the charger/adaptor (P/N: EP-MCA-X) as this could cause death or serious personal injury as the result of an explosion.
- The Magna-Mike 8600 probe contains strong magnets and the instrument can be used with strong magnetic target balls.
- Do not bring a magnet near a person who has a pacemaker or electrical medical device or near any other electrical medical.
By following these tips, you can assure the longevity of this testing instrument and get accurate testing results. If you want to conduct a free sample testing session, then give us a call at +91-9210903903 or email us at email@example.com. Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your queries.