The Magna Mike 8600 is a portable wall thickness gauge from Olympus that is perfect for non-destructive testing. It is very user-friendly and performs simple measurement operations on materials like plastics, glass, aluminum, & PET. With its easy portability, the Magna Mike 8600 is perfect for measurements of wall thickness on-site. This testing instrument is also very accurate, providing reliable results that can be used for quality control purposes. This lab testing equipment will work on Hall Effect technology that makes it easy for you to test the thickness of walls of several products. Here in this blog, we are going to discuss brief information about wall thickness gauge and how this lab testing equipment is helpful in testing the thickness of PET bottles, glass, or other related materials. So, let us get started!
Determine the wall thickness of bottles with Presto wall thickness gauge
It is important to test the wall thickness of bottles before delivering them to customers. The wall thickness of bottles is directly related to the uniformity of the bottles. Thus, if the wall thickness is not uniform, the bottles will not be accurate.
Additionally, if the wall thickness is too thin, the bottles may break during delivery. As a result, it is essential to test the wall thickness of bottles before delivering them to customers. Thus, with the Presto bottle neck wall thickness gauge, you will be able to determine the wall thickness of materials with ease. It comes with a simple magnetic procedure to make sure that the thickness of the bottle wall is uniform. This destructive lab testing equipment is easy to operate and becomes an essential part of quality control.
Below we have listed the features of the Presto wall thickness gauge.
Features of Presto wall thickness gauge
- There are two probes designed provided with the instrument that is straight and right angle probes.
- Replaceable wear caps are provided with instruments that are easily changeable.
- The instrument is given with expanded target selections that are 3/16 and ¼ inches magnetic target balls and wire target type.
- The instrument can gauge thickness range up to 25.4 mm.
- Larger Display with video graphic
- Equipped with USB and VGA outputs.
- There is a save and recall feature provided with stored calibration files.
- It has a new and improved design of the case with a bench style.
- The data files can be exported easily to an SD card in .txt or CSV format.
- There is a strip chart view available with the device.
- Measurement-based on probe’s Hall Effect sensor
- Digital Display readout
- Repeatability in test measurements of the test sample
- Measurements through Target Ball or wire or Disk using Magnetic field
- Replaceable Wear Caps – Standard and Chisel type
- Larger Color VGA display
- Fast measurement update 60Hz
- Programmable Instrument lock with password
- RS-232/USB/VGA output Communication Modes
- Direct Interface to Excel spreadsheet
- WINXL interface program
- Generate on-board reports
- Designed with an IP67 rating
- Expanded alphanumeric data logger
- Bench style case with improved gage stand
- Low and high reading Alarm
- Inbuilt Calibration Facility
- Selectable measurement units – mm or inch
- Ability to store Thickness readings in one of the standard file formats – Incremental, Sequential, Sequential with Custom point, 2-D grid
Technical Specifications of Presto wall thickness gauge
- The instrument is available in multiple languages including English, French, Japanese, Chinese, and several others.
- The instrument is provided with an onboard storage card of 2 GB capacity.
- The battery life of the instrument is up to 12 hours.
- The instrument is equipped with a digital display with a VGA resolution of 640 X 480 pixels with transfected color LCD.
- The display has a dimension of 117 mm X 89 mm X 146 mm.
- The instrument runs on a power supply of 100 V AC to 120 V AC, and 200 V AC to 220 V AC.
- The capture measurement rate of the instrument is given as 60 Hz.
- The update rates offered by the display are 4 Hz, 8 Hz, 16 Hz, and 20 Hz.
- There are high and low alarms provided with the device.
- The device offers a high-resolution range from 0.1 mm to 0.001 mm depending upon the thickness range.
- There is an internal data logger equipped with the device which is a file-based alphanumeric data logger.
- There are two probes provided with the device are standards straight probe with 18.8 mm dia. and a right angle probe head with 18.8 mm dia.
- The instrument is shock tested; drop-tested and is designed for IP67 working.
- The instrument is given with a USB 2.0 peripheral port.
- There is also a VGA video output provided with the device.
- Maximum Thickness range: Up to4mm (1.00 in.)
- Minimum Thickness range: 0.001mm (0.0001 in.)
With these high-end features, it will be easy for you to test the quality and strength of these bottles and provides the best to your customers. Now, let us discuss how you can easily test the wall thickness of bottles with ease.
How to operate the wall thickness gauge with ease?
If you are searching for one of the highly accurate lab testing equipment for performing the wall thickness test, then we suggest you go with the Presto wall thickness testing instrument. This is one of the amazing lab testing equipment that can be used to measure the wall thickness of PET bottles with ease.
The Magnamike wall thickness gauge measurements will be made when the magnetic probe is held or scanned on one side of the test material and a small target ball will be placed on the opposite side or dropped inside the container. The probe’s Hall Effect sensor will easily measure the distance between the probe tip and the target ball.
In this way, you can easily operate this testing instrument and inspect the bottle wall thickness with ease. You can also use this lab testing equipment in pharmaceutical industries to measure the wall thickness of materials.
To get a free sample testing session or want to get a FREE demo of this testing equipment, give us a call at +91-9210903903 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your queries.