With the growing demand for thermoplastic films in the packaging industry, these materials are one of the popular choices for packaging purposes. This type of material is very less susceptible to contamination as well as pilferage. Checking the bond between the packing seals is of utmost importance in order to deliver accurate products to your customers. Thus, you can make use of the Presto heat sealer by applying pressure and heat to seal flexible packaging items and other thermoplastic materials while sustaining high temperatures. This laboratory testing instrument is capable of creating very high temperatures for testing and studying the effect on different thermoplastic materials that are used in plastic and packaging industries and other industrial laboratories.
Here in this blog, we will discuss some useful tips that will help you to choose the right laboratory heat sealer with ease. But before that, let’s discuss detailed information about this seal testing instrument. So, let us get started.
Powerful heat sealer for testing the laminates
Laminates and pouches are considered to be the best materials to pack several products in terms of strength and innovation. These pouches and laminates can stand still in a vertical position in shelves or any area where they are being kept. Testing the effect of high temperatures on these sealing packages is of utmost importance so as to determine their bond strength. Presto offers a high-quality heat seal testing instrument that comes with a robust design that will efficiently work well in harsh conditions.
The main purpose of using this laminate sealer in packaging industries and industrial laboratories is to seal one thermoplastic to another or similar thermoplastic using heat and pressure. The direct contact method of heat sealing utilizes a constantly heated die or sealing bar to apply heat to a specific contact area or path to seal or weld the thermoplastics together. Heat sealing is used for many applications, including heat seal connectors, thermally activated adhesives, film media, plastic ports, or foil sealing.
You will be able to make high-quality items with quality standards if you test and research the effect of high temperatures on various types of thermoplastic materials. It's also a useful tool if you want to learn more about the impact of high temperatures on plastics and other materials.
Below we have listed the features and technical specifications of the lab heat sealer.
Features of Presto laboratory heat sealer
Presto is a leading manufacturer of heat sealers and provides you with a high-quality testing instrument embedded with an advanced set of features. This machine is easy to install and needs low maintenance. You can adjust the heat accordingly with an advanced PID controller for effective product testing.
Below we have listed the features of this lab testing instrument.
- Easy installation.
- Low maintenance.
- High heating capacity from ambient to 2500 C.
- Advanced PID controller for effective temperature control.
- Auto tuning function provided with PID controller.
Technical Specifications of Presto heat sealer
- Equipment Range: Ambient to 350 degrees Celsius
- Working Range Ambient to 230 degrees C
- Sealing Size: 150 x 15 mm
- Sealing Jaw Material: EN 31 Hard and Temper
- Outer Body Material: Mild Steel Duly Powder Coated
- Least Count: 0.1 degrees C
- Repeatability: ±1 degree C
- Mode of Operation: Automatic with Digital timer and PID controller.
- Readout of Digital Preset Timer: Three-digit digital display
- Readout of PID temperature controller: Four-digit Digital display for easy temperature monitoring.
- Heat Source Cartridge Heater: (500 W each)
- Accuracy: ±2 degree C
- Temperature Control: PID temperature controller
- Timing device: Digital preset timer with a maximum limit of 99.9 Seconds
- Power supply control: Solid State Relay-25 amp
- Heat Sensor: PT-100, Platinum Resistance Temperature Detector (RTD)
- Electrical supply: 15 Amp. 220 V AC, 50 Hz, Single Phase
- Maximum Pressure (In Bar): 6 bars
- Dwell Time: 0.1 to 99.9 seconds
- Jaws: Straight Line (Knurling, Diamond, Plain are optional)
- Straight Line or Dotted
- Test Standard: ASTM F2029
With these features and technical specifications, you will be able to test the effect of high temperatures on different thermoplastic materials. Now, let us discuss some useful tips that will help you to test the tips to select the heat sealer effectively.
Tips to select the heat sealer for your packaging firm
While selecting the laminate sealer for the packaging industry, most of the manufacturers make some mistakes while selecting the right product. It will lead to product damage and loss of customers. Thus, we have listed some useful tips that will help you select the right heat sealer for your packaging firm.
- One of the crucial factors that you need to determine is the sealing temperature of the packaging film.
- Another factor to consider is the material you are using to test the heat seal strength with the help of this lab testing equipment. The specimen you will use to test the heat seal strength of the materials should withstand the temperature.
- The dwell time is defined as the time taken to heat the elements to form the bond. It's crucial to know if the heat sealer machine estimates the time it takes for the jaws to move as well as the time it takes for the heating contacts to stay together. The remaining dwell time necessary to produce a leak-proof seal must be manually determined. It's crucial to know if the heat sealer machine estimates the time it takes for the jaws to move as well as the time it takes for the heating contacts to stay together. The remaining dwell time necessary to produce a leak-proof seal must be manually determined.
With these tips, you can easily select the right heat sealer for your lab testing needs. If you want to know more about lab heat sealer prices or want a free sample testing session, then give us a call at +91 9210903903 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will instantly provide you with the required information.