Have you ever wondered how those sturdy packaging cardboard boxes withstand the weight of countless packages stacked upon them? This is due to the high packaging strength of boxes. Thus, with proper package testing instruments, manufacturers can easily test the compression strength of the materials and deliver quality products to the customers. We at Presto, being the leading manufacturer of lab testing instruments in Asia, have designed high-quality testing equipment known as box compression tester. This is one of the high-quality lab testing equipment that is used to test the compression strength of packaging materials and ensure that quality products will be delivered to the customers.
In this comprehensive guide, we will let you know about our box compression tester and how it works. So, let us get started!
Introduction to Box Compression Tester
The Presto Box Compression Tester is a highly advanced lab testing instrument that is designed specifically for assessing the strength and durability of packaging materials. Incorporating advanced technology and precision engineering, this lab testing instrument is a valuable lab testing equipment that is useful in evaluating the ability of boxes to withstand compression forces during transportation and storage. With its user-friendly interface, operators can easily adjust various parameters, such as speed, dwell time, and load limits, to accurately simulate real-world conditions.
With the use of this high-quality lab testing equipment, manufacturers can easily make informed decisions regarding packaging design improvements or material selection with utmost confidence in order to optimize supply chain efficiency. Our digital box compression tester comes with a digital microprocessor-based display that will give highly accurate lab testing results.
Features of Presto box compression tester
The Presto box compression tester has been designed specifically to test the compressive strength of the boxes and ensure that quality materials will be delivered to the customers. It has been designed with high-quality features that include:
- Display – Digital display
- Power – Single Phase
- Microprocessor based display for accurate test results
- Highly accurate test results under uniform compression Force
- TARE and Peak Hold Facility Available
- Over travel protection
- Strong base plate with a rugged structure
- Bright LED display
- Feather touch controls
- Available in Computerized model also.
- Available in various platform sizes and Load Cell Capacity
*Optional Printer Facility
- Standards: IS, ASTM, IS, ISO, ISTA, TAPPI, JIS. ASTM D642, ASTM D4169, TAPPI T804, ISO 12048, and JIS Z0212
Technical specifications of Presto box compression tester
- The whole instrument is set on heavy-duty iron plates for stability.
- Heavy-duty construction with twin columns.
- 450 X 450 with a capacity of 500 kgf and a least count of 200 grams.
- 600 X 600 mm with a capacity of 500 kgf and a least count of 200 grams.
- 1000 X 1000 mm with a capacity of 1000 kgf and a least count of 500 grams.
- The instrument runs on a power supply of 220 V single-phase AC.
- Display: LED (Digital)
- Accuracy: ± 2% full scale (with master load).
- Test Speed: 12.5 ± 2.5 mm/min
- Motor: 1 HP Three Phase, 1350 rpm
- The testing instrument used for paper & packaging comes complete with an Electrical Wiring Diagram on the Instruction Guide & Calibration Certificate traceable to NABL approved Labs.
With these high-quality features and technical specifications, manufacturers can easily conduct quality tests on the materials. You can read more on the importance and principle of box compression testing.
Now, let us discuss a brief about the working of a box compression tester.
Working of the box compression tester
If you want to perform corrugated box compression testing on the packaging materials, then you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Take a Corrugated box user wants to test. Prepare it by closing all its sides and fastening them firmly.
- Start the machine by plugging it in 15 amp, 220 Volts AC and place the sample on it.
- Bring the compression plate near the specimen by moving the rotary switch in a downward direction. Users can make use of the fast runner option to take the compression plate just above the test specimen with an increased speed of 50 mm/min.
- Apply a preload of 1 or 2 kgf on the specimen to remove any air gap between the compression plate and the specimen.
- After applying the preload, press RESET and TARE to set the value at the peak load indicator to zero and commence the box compression test.
In this way, you can easily test the box compression test on the materials and deliver quality products to the customers. Now, let us discuss the purpose and benefits of using a Presto box compression tester.
Purpose and Benefits of Using a Box Compression Tester
A box compression tester is a vital lab testing equipment in packaging that will accurately measure the strength and durability of different types of boxes. It works by applying pressure on all sides of a box to simulate the stress it may face during transportation or storage. This testing instrument helps manufacturers determine if their boxes can withstand the weight of stacked items and other external forces without collapsing.
There are several benefits to using a box compression tester, including:
- Quality Control
- Reduce product rejection rates
- Help manufacturers avoid costly returns due to poor packaging
- Let manufacturers improve packaging designs
These are the benefits of using our high-quality testing equipment. If you need to know about box compression tester prices or need a free sample testing session, then you can give us a call at +91-9210 903 903 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team of technical experts will assist you regarding all your needs and queries.