Environmental Stress Cracking (ESC) is the brittle failure of polymeric material from a combination of stress and environment. When a polymer is subject to both tensile stress and an aggressive environment, the resulting damage is typically much greater than when either stress is applied alone. ESC can occur in both thermosetting and thermoplastic polymers and can be tested with the help of Presto environmental stress cracking resistance tester. This is one of the amazing lab testing equipment that will be used to test the environment resistance test and material properties under certain types of stress. Here in this blog, we are going to discuss brief information about the Presto environment stress cracking resistance tester and how you can easily maintain this lab testing equipment with ease. So, we will start with the Presto environment stress cracking tester introduction.
Introduction about environment stress cracking resistance tester
In the plastic industry, it is important for you to determine the stress resistance of various materials like blow-molded polyethylene containers. Thus, you can easily test the resistance to environmental stress with the help of the Presto stress resistance cracking tester.
Presto offers ESCR as it is the efficient solution for Plastic industries to check the environmental stress–cracking of ethylene plastics. Environmental Stress cracking is a property that is highly dependent upon the nature and level of the stresses applied and on the thermal history of the specimen. This lab test provides information about the long-term behavior of specimens when exposed to different stress conditions. Thus, with the use of the Presto stress cracking resistance testing instrument, you will be able to determine the effects of the environment on products using ESCR.
Below we have listed the features and technical specifications of the Presto stress cracking resistance tester. You can also read brief information about environment stress cracking resistance tester and know more about its importance.
Features of Presto stress cracking resistance tester
Polyethylene is a polymer that has many applications due to its low cost and easy processing. One popular application is in the manufacturing of blow-molded containers. However, these containers are susceptible to environmental stress cracking (ESCR).
This type of failure occurs at stresses below those that would cause cracking in the absence of an aggressive environment. There are various test methods that can be used to calculate the ESCR of a plastic container. These methods are described in detail in various standards. By understanding the ESCR of a particular material, manufacturers can design containers that are less likely to fail in an aggressive environment. This lab testing instrument will be designed as per industrial standards like ASTM D 1693. Below we have listed the features of Presto ESCR.
- This testing machine will provide you with highly accurate testing results.
- Temperature controls through PID controller
- Highly accurate test results under uniform temperatures in the chamber
- Advanced Digital Microprocessor based PID based temperature controller
- Provision of Set Value(SV) and Process Value(PV) on the temperature display
- Inbuilt Auto tuning function
- Bright LED display
- Equipped with rapid heaters for uniform and homogenous heating and maintaining the temperature inside the chamber
- The integral water drain system
- Inbuilt Calibration features with reference to master PID controller
- Stirrer motor for the precise stirring of the sample inside the tank and for uniformity of temperature
- A set of Test tubes along with a fixture to hold samples inside the tank
- It is designed as per Indian & International standards.
Technical Specifications of Presto environmental stress cracking resistance tester
- The machine easily operates on Single Phase 230 V, 50Hz.
- The inner bath of the machine is made up of stainless steel and the outer body is made of mild steel duly powder coated.
- The machine is incorporated six numbers of stations.
- The visual appeal is enhanced by the autumn gray and blue combination painting and zinc plating to ensure resistance to corrosion.
- Temperature Range (For Silicone Oil): From ambient to 250° C.
- Temperature Range(For Water): Ambient to 90ºC
- Least Count/Resolution: 1ºC
- Accuracy: ± 2ºC
- Display: LED(Digital)
- Motor: 1/5 HP
With these features and technical specifications, it will be easy for you to test whether the material will be designed to evaluate the effect of the environment on the material. You can easily measure the resistance of plastics to environmental stress with the help of this lab testing equipment. To conduct a FREE sample testing session, give us a call at +91-9210903903 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your queries.