Tensile strength is considered to be one of the most fundamental properties of the materials that will help to assess whether the material is able to withstand the tensile forces or not. By conducting a tensile strength test on the materials, we will be able to recognize the structural behavior of the material when intended use for different purposes. Therefore, we at Presto have designed one of the widely used lab testing instruments in the manufacturing industry i.e. tensile strength tester. This lab testing equipment will produce a high tensile force and is used to determine the tensile properties of various materials with ease.
At Presto, we have designed this tensile testing machine that is able to effectively assess the strength of various materials. In order to make this machine work effectively, we have embedded various parts in its main unit. These parts include grips, limit switch rod, cable gland, and many others. Here in this blog, we are going to provide you with brief information about this tensile strength tester and the different components provided in the main unit of this testing machine. So, let us get started!
What is a tensile strength test?
The tensile test or elongation test is one of the highly used tests that is used in various production verticals to determine the elongation strength as well as durability of materials under certain circumstances. When the material will be exposed to high tensile forces, then it will get deformed. Thus, testing the tensile strength of several materials will help you to measure the durability and strength of these materials with ease.
This quality test will help you to measure the tensile strength, yield strength as well as ductility of materials. When the specimen will be placed in the tensile strength testing machine designed by Presto then the movable grips will stretch the material to the extent till it breaks. You can read a brief about tensile testing and its importance in the manufacturing industry.
This testing machine is easy to use and provides you with high testing range. With advanced load indicators, it will be effective for the manufacturers to see accurate readout and storage test results. Below we have listed the features and technical specifications of this lab testing equipment.
Features of Presto tensile strength tester
This digital tensile strength tester has been embedded with a high set of features to make it easy for you to conduct the test. Below we have created a list of features of this versatile tensile testing machine.
- High testing range
- Vice-type clamping grips for firm gripping of the test specimen.
- Advanced peak load indicator for accurate readout and storage of test results.
- Limit switches protection for the protection of grips and the machine.
- Strong load frame.
- Safety limit switches are incorporated for both the upward and the downward directions.
- Completely hardened and nickel-plated center load bearing screw provided for longer, rugged life.
- Aesthetically designed using heavy Metal channels covering the side rods.
- Minimum maintenance requirements and low wear and tear of parts.
- Displays all operational data - The software window displays all operational data e.g. force, elongation, strain, and percentage elongation.
- Memory function - Test data may be displayed, saved for future reference, or printed for reports, certification, and presentations.
- Simple operation - Test parameters are easily set through a simple key & point & click entry with the mouse.
Technical Specifications of Tensile strength tester
- Load Cell Capacity: 10000 kgf
- Test Speed Range with Speed drive (optional): 50 - 500mm/min
- Load Monitoring: Peak Load indicator with digital readout and peak hold feature
- Load Sensor S-type Load Cell
- Clamping mechanism: Vice-type clamping Grips
- Load accuracy: ±3% full scale (with master load)
- Elongation: ±3% full scale
- Least count: 10 Kg
- Load Cell Overload safety: <80% of the total load
- Drive Mechanism: Variable Frequency Drive Mechanism
- Safety Feature: Up and down fixed and movable limit switch rings
- Over Load relay contact rating: Potential free relay 5 Amp. 220 V AC single phase
- Earthing Required: Proper Earthing is required corresponding to not more than 4 V AC with respect to neutral.
- Motor Capacity: 5 HP
- Gear Box Ratio: 7.5:1
With these features and technical specifications, it will be easy for you to conduct a tensile strength test with ease. Now, let us discuss the different components of the main unit of this tensile strength testing machine.
Main components of tensile strength testing machine
This tensile strength testing machine has been designed as per industrial standards that will help to make your tensile testing work easier. Below we have listed the main components embedded in this testing machine.
- Fixed Grip
- Upper limiting ring for a limit switch (Fixed)
- Movable grip
- Upper limiting ring for a limit switch (movable)
- Limit Switch Rod
- Lower limiting ring for a limit switch (Movable)
- Lower Limiting ring for a limit switch (Fixed)
- Adjusting wheel for tight/change the v-belt.
- Cable gland
- Control Panel
These are some of the main components you will get with the Presto tensile strength tester. If you want to conduct a FREE sample testing session, then give us a call at +91-9210903903 or email us at email@example.com. Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your queries.