Tensile testing is a common type of quality testing method that provides important information about the tensile strength, yield strength, and ductility of different materials. This lab test involves applying a force to a sample of the material until it fractures. This allows quality engineers to determine the maximum load that the material can withstand before failure. A tensile strength testing machine is essential lab testing equipment for assessing the performance of metals or plastics in a wide range of applications. Presto is a leading manufacturer of tensile strength tester that is helpful in evaluating the tensile properties of materials with ease. It comes with limit switches and digital readouts to make sure that you will not find any difficulty in conducting the test. In addition, tensile testing can be used to determine the cause of failures in order to prevent future accidents. This testing instrument is based on the constant rate of traverse (CRT) principle and has been equipped with an upper jaw and lower jaw to place specimens accurately on this lab testing equipment.
Here in this blog, we will discuss tensile strength testing and how this lab testing equipment is helpful in testing the tensile strength of materials with ease. So, let us get started!
Measure the performance of materials under tensile load with Presto tensile strength tester
Tensile testing is a crucial part of ensuring the quality of materials and products. By measuring the force required to elongate a specimen, material properties can be determined that will allow designers and quality managers to predict how materials and products will behave in their intended applications. In many cases, this elongation strength testing is the only way to accurately determine whether a material or product will meet the required specifications or not. For this reason, tensile testing is an essential lab testing instrument for ensuring the quality of materials for your customers.
Presto tensile strength tester has been equipped with an upper jaw that is stationary and a lower jaw that moves at a designated fixed speed with the help of a motor. This test specimen has been held between two jaws in which the lower jaw will move gradually to evaluate the tensile strength of the sample.
The tensile strength testing machine is a very important device for quality control in many industries. This machine can help to find out various important qualities of the materials, including tensile strength, Young's Modulus, tensile strain, elongation in the test specimen with percent elongation at yield, and elongation in the specimen with percent elongation at breaking point or point of failure. You can easily perform material testing of plastics with tensile testing.
With this information, the manufacturers can make necessary changes in the manufacturing process to improve the quality of their products. This lab testing instrument is also very helpful in determining the tensile properties of materials accurately. Below we have listed the features of this testing equipment.
Features of Presto tensile strength tester
The tensile testing machine is a versatile instrument that can be used for studying the tensile properties of various materials. The instrument is designed to create high tensile forces, which can be used for testing and analysis. The machine is equipped with a limit switch, which acts as a safety feature. The machine can be used to study the effects of various factors on the tensile strength of materials. The machine can also be used to study the relationship between the cross-sectional area and the tensile strength of materials. A machine is an essential tool for industries and industrial laboratories for the purpose of studying the tensile properties of various materials. You can read about the role of a tensile strength tester in measuring tensile properties accurately.
Below we have listed the features of the Presto tensile strength tester digital model.
- High testing range
- Vice-type clamping grips for firm gripping of the test specimen.
- Advanced peak load indicator for accurate readout and storage of test results.
- Limit switches protection for the protection of grips and the machine.
- Strong load frame.
- Safety limit switches are incorporated for both the upward and the downward directions.
- Completely hardened and nickel-plated center load bearing screw provided for longer, rugged life.
- Aesthetically designed using heavy Metal channels covering the side rods.
- Minimum maintenance requirements and low wear and tear of parts.
- Displays all operational data - The software window displays all operational data e.g. force, elongation, strain, and percentage elongation.
- Memory function - Test data may be displayed, saved for future reference, or printed for reports, certification, and presentations.
- Simple operation - Test parameters are easily set through a simple key & point & click entry with the mouse.
Technical Specifications of Presto tensile strength tester
- Load Cell Capacity: 10000 kgf
- Test Speed Range with Speed drive (optional): 50 - 500mm/min
- Load Monitoring: Peak Load indicator with digital readout and peak hold feature
- Load Sensor S-type Load Cell
- Clamping mechanism: Vice type clamping Grips
- Load accuracy: ±3% full scale (with master load)
- Elongation: ±3% full scale
- Least count: 10 Kg
- Load Cell Overload safety: <80% of the total load
- Drive Mechanism: Variable Frequency Drive Mechanism
- Safety Feature: Up and down fixed and movable limit switch rings
- Over Load relay contact rating: Potential free relay 5 Amp. 220 V AC single phase
- Earthing Required: Proper Earthing is required corresponding to not more than 4 V AC with respect to neutral.
- Motor Capacity: 5 HP
- Gear Box Ratio: 7.5:1
With these features and technical specifications, it will be easy for you to conduct the tensile strength test. You can easily conduct a tensile test by preparing the sample for the tensile test. To know more about this testing instrument like tensile strength tester price, or want to conduct a FREE Sample testing session, give us a call at +91-9210903903 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team of technical experts will provide you with the right assistance for all your queries.