The main cause of any material like paper and thermoplastic films getting torn is through snag and pull. The initial hole is small, but if these materials will be pulled further, the hole can become much larger. Thus, testing the tearing strength of paper is important to make sure that the right quality of material has been delivered to the customers. Thus, we at Presto have come up with one of the amazing lab testing instruments known as the tearing strength tester. This is a widely used testing instrument that is helpful in determining the tearing strength of paper and plastic films under controlled test conditions. Here in this blog, we are going to provide you the information about the installation of a tearing strength tester and how this lab testing instrument is useful in determining the tearing strength of paper and plastic films. So, let us get started!
Introduction about tearing strength tester
Tearing strength is an important factor to consider when testing the quality of materials. The Presto Elmendorf tearing strength tester is a reliable and easy-to-use lab testing equipment for testing the tearing strength of various materials. The tearing strength testing machine is highly useful in measuring the internal tearing resistance of materials. This force is perpendicular to the plane of the paper when propagating a single rip or tears by measuring the force required to continue the slit previously cut in the material. The Presto tearing strength tester can be used to test a variety of materials, including paper, textiles, and plastics. With this tester, you can quickly and easily determine the tearing strength of your material, and ensure that it is up to par.
Below we have listed the features of the Presto tearing strength testing machine.
- The unit of measurement is “mN” i.e. mega newton.
- The laboratory equipment comprises a falling pendulum to cover various angles.
- The instrument is supplied with cutting templates, a board, and a cutting knife for preparing a sample for the test.
- There is a start and stop functions to hold the pendulum for safety.
- The test parameters include peak load, median load, and tearing strength.
- The procedure is done to determine tearing strength that involves a cut in the center. An opposing tail, known as the “tongue” is duly clamped in the instrument.
- High-Quality rugged structure with the corrosion-resistant main body
- Falling pendulum-type instrument
- Single-handed hassle-free operation
- Highly accurate test results under multiple pendulum weights
- Strong gripping fixture for holding test samples
- Pendulum release mechanism to cover the various measuring range
- Inbuilt calibration weights
Technical Specifications of Presto tearing strength tester
The machine is available with capacities of 1600 grams, 3200 grams, and 6400 grams.
- The clamp surface of each clamp is of Length 35.5 mm x M 15.5 mm.
- The distance between both the clamps is 2.5 +/-0.25mm.
- The size of the slit is 20mm.
- The machine is equipped with a measurement scale reading in the range of 0 to 100%.
- The machine is available with the calibrated weights of 1600grams, 3200 grams, and 6400 grams.
- Accuracy: ± 2% within the entire range.
- Least count of scale: 1%
- Pendulum Release Mechanism: Manual through release brake pin
- Finish: Powder-coated Havel Gray & Blue combination finish and bright chrome/zinc plating for a corrosion-resistant finish
With these features and technical specifications, it will be easy for you to determine the quality of materials with ease. Thus, you can easily test the tearing strength of materials and make sure that you deliver accurate products to your customers. You can also read about the significance of the tearing strength tester.
Now, let us discuss the steps to install the tearing strength tester effectively.
Easy steps to install tearing strength tester effectively
The tearing strength tester from Presto is one of the widely used lab testing equipment that offers you easiness for determining the ability of a material to withstand the rigors. To easily install this lab testing equipment, you can follow the below-mentioned steps.
Step 1: Unpack your machine and ensure that you have the following units:
- Main Unit
- Bush for augmenting Weights.
- Allen Bolt (Small & Big) for augmenting weights.
- Allen Key 5 mm
- Specimen Cutting Template
- Weight to Check Calibration- (1600, 3200, and 6400) – 1 Each
- Calibration Weight
Step 2: Place the specimen on the flat base
Look how simple is that, to install the tearing strength tester designed by the experts at Presto. If you wish to know more about this lab testing equipment then you can call us at +91-9210903903 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your queries.