The measurement of gloss is an important part of quality control measures for many industries. For example, paint and coating manufacturers need to be able to measure the gloss of their products to ensure that they meet customer specifications. Accurate measurements of gloss are essential for ensuring product quality. There are a variety of lab testing instruments available in the market to measure the glossiness of the surface, but the Presto gloss meter is the leader among all of them. This triangle gloss meter is best for testing the glossiness of surfaces at different geometrical angles to ascertain the amount of reflected light from the surface. From paper to ceramics, paint, and plating, different industries can easily make use of this lab testing equipment to test the glossiness of materials with ease. With this accurate gloss measuring instrument, it is possible to obtain accurate and repeatable measurements of gloss, allowing manufacturers to produce high-quality products that meet customer expectations.
Here, in this blog, we are going to provide you with detailed information about the Presto gloss meter triangle and how this lab testing instrument is helpful in measuring the glossiness of surfaces with ease. So, let us get started!
Perform accurate gloss measurements of surfaces with Presto gloss meter
The paint and coating industry is one of many that rely on the measurement of gloss. A variety of factors can affect the gloss of paint or coating, including the type of pigment used the thickness of the application and the drying time. As a result, it's important for manufacturers to be able to accurately measure the gloss of their products.
There are a number of ways to do this, but one of the most common is to use a lab testing instrument called a tri-angle gloss meter. A gloss meter measures the gloss at different angles onto the surface of a material and then measures the amount of light that is reflected back.
By comparing the reflected light to a known standard, manufacturers can determine the gloss of their product. In addition to being used in manufacturing, gloss meters are also used in quality control, making sure that products meet customer expectations.
This handy lab testing equipment will be operated by a battery and is used for measuring gloss levels at different angles i.e. 20 degrees, 60 degrees, and 85 degrees. It has been made in accordance with different testing standards like ISO2813, GB/T 9754, ASTM D523, and ASTM D2457.
Below we have listed the most advanced features of this lab testing equipment.
Features of Presto gloss meter tri-angle
The Presto gloss-meter is one of the highly used lab testing equipment that will be used to measure the glossiness of surfaces with ease. It has been specifically designed to assess the specular reflection of the surfaces within seconds. Below we have listed the features of this lab testing instrument designed by the experts at Presto.
- The instrument is compact, sensitive, and highly portable in nature.
- The testing device measures the whiteness, shine, or brightness of various materials such as plastics, opaque glasses, ceramics, etc.
- It is featured with 20 degrees, 60degrees, and 85-degree angles.
- Easy to operate.
- It is designed with user-friendly features.
Technical Specifications of Presto gloss meter tri-angle
- Measuring Area (In mm): 85°: 5x36mm, 60°: 9x15mm, 20°: 10x10mm.
- Division value: 0.1 GU
- Measuring Range: 20°:0~1000GU, 60°:0~1000GU, 85°:0~160GU
- Measurement Units of Gloss:
- Range of the Device – 0-10GU, 10-100GU, 100-1000GU
- Reproducibility of the Device – ± 0.2GU, ± 0.5GU, ± 0.5%GU
- Repeatability of the Device – ± 0.1GU, ± 0.2GU, ± 0.2%GU
- Measurement Standard: JJG696 First class Gloss Meter working requirement
- Chromaticity Corresponding: CIE 1931(2°) under CIE C light source
- Standard Accessories: Power Adapter, User Manual, USB cable, Calibration Plate, and software CD (except basic model)
- Different geometry degree measurement is also available
With these features and technical specifications, it will be easy for you to conduct a gloss measurement test for different surfaces. This testing equipment will easily measure the specular reflection of a gloss of painted surfaces with the Presto gloss meter.
To conduct a free sample testing session for this lab testing equipment, give us a call at +91-9210903903 or email us at email@example.com. Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your needs and queries.