The term “ductility” refers to a material’s ability to be drawn into a curve. This is considered being an important aspect when considering the strength of different metals, and can also have an impact on the way the material behaves during manufacturing. Thus, we at Presto have designed one of the amazing lab testing instruments known as the cupping strength tester. This is one of the amazing lab testing equipment that has been designed to test the drawing ability of metal sheets. This essential parameter about the metal sheets will help the manufacturers to assess the quality of the material and make sure whether or not it can be used to create a finished product. Here in this blog, we are going to provide you with brief information about the Presto cupping tester and how this lab testing instrument is helpful in testing the draw ability of materials. So, let us get started!
What is a cupping strength tester?
Metal sheets are widely used in different industries to create different metal components and products. Even different manufacturing techniques like deep drawing, rolling, and forging require thin metal sheets to be used to design different components. Thus, testing the drawing ability of these metal sheets is important to make sure that quality materials will be used to design a product. To make it easy for the testing manufacturers to conduct the cupping test on the materials, we at Presto have designed one of the widely used lab testing equipment in the automotive industry known as the cupping strength tester. This testing instrument has been designed in accordance with industry standards that include ISO: 10175 (Part I); 1993 & ISO 8490: 1986, ISO 1520:2006, and many more.
This lab testing equipment makes with laser cutting machines so they will provide highly accurate and reliable testing results. This testing machine has been equipped with an advanced set of features to make sure that the manufacturers can easily conduct the test.
By using the Presto cupping strength testing machine, you can accurately test different materials that include adhesion, strips, hardness, the permeability of coatings of paints or varnish in metal sheets, etc. Besides this, it can be used in the metallurgy and rubber industry. You can read about the significance of cupping testing machines and test the quality of your materials.
How to use a Presto Cupping Tester?
The Presto Cupping Tester is a versatile testing instrument that can be used to test the ductility of metals. This testing machine comes with a rugged structure and corrosion-resistant body that will help to use this testing instrument for a longer time. With its fast mechanism and hand/manually operated wheel, you will be able to test the specimen with ease. If you want to know more about how you can easily use the Presto cupping strength tester, then you can follow the steps mentioned below.
- To operate the machine, you can easily insert the zero plate in the sample holder slot and adjust the ball surface.
- After that, you can adjust the dial gauge to zero at this position.
- Remove the zero plate and fit your job sample in the slot provided.
- Tighten the sample through the Front wheel handle. Now test the sample by rotating its side gear handle.
- View the condition of the sheet manually from the front side. Tighten the punching ball to the end position of the spindle bush.
- Always keep a view of the dial gauge to check the correct stiffness of the sheet.
- On failure of the sample, note the reading on the dial indicator/gauge. Release the pressure by moving the bigger gear wheel in the anticlockwise direction and then release the smaller gear wheel.
- Remove the sample from the sample holder slot. Analyze the test specimen for any kind of cracks.
In this way, you can easily conduct a cupping test on the materials with the help of our lab testing instrument and test the drawing ability of the materials. If you want to conduct a FREE sample testing session, then you can give us a call at +91-9210903903 or email us at email@example.com. Our team of technical experts will assist you regarding all your needs.