MFI is a critical statistic for determining a polymer's ability to flow at the melting point when a standard weight is applied. A material's melt flow index is determined by a variety of elements, including its molecular structure, chemical bonding within molecules, and many more. Another important factor that influences the fluctuation in the melt flow index value of a particular material is its moisture content. Presto's Melt Flow Index Tester is cutting-edge equipment that accurately measures the melt flow index of many types of plastics. This testing instrument has been provided with different cleaning and administrative tools that help in keeping the machine clean and help in attaining the most accurate test results. This lab testing equipment is ideal for performing quality tests of plastic granules that may be used in the molding of plastics.
Whenever you are going to conduct the test using Presto melt flow index tester for granules then you need to make sure that your lab testing machine should be placed at a hard concrete floor and should be leveled properly. Here we will discuss how you can perfectly level this MFI tester and get accurate results.
But before that, let’s have brief information about the melt flow index testing instrument and what is the relationship between MFR & moisture content.
Introduction about melt flow index tester & how MFR is different from moisture content
In the polymer business, several different polymer characteristics must be considered in order to manufacture the highest quality product possible. The strength, durability, and resistance to different environmental impacts of a polymer are heavily influenced by its physical and chemical characteristics.
When a polymer is subjected to heat and melted, the melt flow index tester is used to assess the rate of flow. When you test the melt flow index, you'll obtain a result in the unit MFR. The majority of polymers have no aesthetic impact on the materials, but when the polymers absorb a large amount of moisture, a reaction occurs between the polymers and the moisture, rupturing the material's molecular structure and chemical bonding between the atoms. When the bonding between atoms and the molecular structure of polymers is changed, the melt flow value of the material is reduced.
You can easily test the melt flow index value of the product with the help of this lab testing equipment. We at Presto are considered to be the leading melt flow index tester manufacturers that will help you to determine the flow index of different materials. If you are a plastic or polymer manufacturing company then you can easily buy a melt flow index tester from us. We guarantee you to provide the best testing equipment at the best and affordable prices.
Let’s discuss the features and technical specifications of the MFI tester.
Features of Melt Flow Index Tester- Deluxe model
The Melt Flow Index tester from Presto was created specifically for measuring the melt flow rate of molten polymers or grains. The Plastic Melt Flow Index Tester is used to determine the melt volume rate of plastic granules flowing through testing equipment using a manual/automated test process (which is measured in grams in a precise time of ten minutes).
This model of melt flow index tester for thermoplastics has been embedded with several sets of features that are discussed below:
- The MFI tester is available with the best features that can calculate MFR with accuracy.
- It exactly maintains the temperature between ambient to 400°C with absolute accuracy.
- It has a proportional integral derivative (PID) temperature controller, which is totally based on a microprocessor.
- It ensures repeatability and accuracy as it is incorporated with the Digital pre-settable timer.
- It has a feature of automatic cutting of melted granules that ensures easy operation and reliable results.
- It has an anti-rust finish with a very elegant design.
- Moreover, standard resources are included in the equipment.
- IS 2530-1963 (R2003): Methods of test for polyethylene molding Materials & polyethylene
- IS 2267-1972: The standard method to test polystyrene molding materials.
Technical Specifications of melt flow index tester- Deluxe model
- “Piston head” of Melt Flow Tester is available in a dimension of 9.47 mm diameter.
- It has a heater tube cavity with a diameter of 9.55mm
- The Dimensions of Die affixed on a tester is 2.095mm
- The weight or pressure of the piston on granules can be 1.2 kg, 2.16kg, 3.8 kg, 5kg, and 10 kg.
- IS 10810-1984: Methods for test for cables part 23: melt flow Index
- ASTM D1238-13: Standard Test method for flow rates of Thermoplastic by extrusion plastometer
- Moreover, the MFI is available with the Lab Weighing Balance of 200gms with the Least Count of 0.01grams.
By using this lab testing equipment you can easily determine the sustainability of plastics. Now, let’s discuss the steps to level this testing instrument.
Steps to level MFI tester accurately
To achieve accurate results, it is essential to make sure that the machine is perfectly leveled. Thus, we have come up with some easy-to-follow steps that will help to make sure that your machine has been properly leveled.
- For checking the leveling of the machine, use the plumb line provided with the machine.
- Take out the orifice die from the machine and insert the plumb line inside the barrel.
- Now check the perpendicularity of the plumb line related to the ground.
- If the plumb line is perfectly perpendicular to the ground, this means the machine is perfectly leveled.
- If the plumb line is slightly deflected from the perpendicular direction, this means the machine needs leveling.
- Level the machine by aligning the footrests.
With these steps, you can easily level the machine and can calculate the viscosity with the help of this melt flow index tester. If you wish to know about melt flow index tester price or want an online demo for this lab testing instrument, then you can give us a call at +91-9210903903 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our technical team of experts will provide you with the required information.