In the paper and packaging industry, the use of corrugated boxes is vast due to their ability to deliver the materials accurately to the customers. But do you know that these packages should be tested against vibrations because they may experience significant mechanical stress during transportation or handling?
Vibrations can cause the package to move, shift, and potentially collide with other objects, leading to damage or breakage of the package and its contents. Thus, to overcome this challenge, we at Presto have designed high-quality laboratory testing equipment known as a vibration table. This is one of the high-quality lab testing instruments used in the paper & packaging industry that is used to test the durability of packages against vibrations.
Now, let’s explore how this quality testing equipment is used to test the stimulated vibrations for packages. We will also discuss the advanced features and technical specifications of this quality testing equipment that make it unique from other brands.
Importance of testing packages against vibrations
Testing packages against vibrations help to ensure that they are durable and can withstand the mechanical stress they may encounter during shipping or handling. This is particularly important for packages that contain fragile or valuable items, as well as packages that are shipped over long distances or via modes of transportation that are prone to vibrations, such as airplanes, trains, or trucks.
Vibration testing involves subjecting packages to various types and levels of mechanical stress, including random vibration, sinusoidal vibration, and mechanical shock. The tests can be conducted using specialized equipment that simulates the vibration and shock profiles that packages may experience during transportation.
By testing packages against vibrations, manufacturers and shippers can identify any weaknesses or vulnerabilities in their packaging designs and make necessary improvements to ensure that their products arrive at their destination safely and intact.
Presto vibration testing instrument plays a significant role in the paper & packaging industry by providing accurate testing results of the vibrations test stimulated on the materials. Now, let us discuss brief information about the Presto vibration table for corrugated boxes.
All about Presto vibration table
Presto vibration tables are designed to simulate mechanical vibrations that package and products may encounter during transportation or handling. These tables are used in various industries, including automotive, aerospace, electronics, and packaging, to test and evaluate the durability and reliability of products and packaging.
The Presto Vibration Chamber is well-suited for testing the consistency of small items and products, and functions as a standalone table for conducting vibration testing, providing versatility for testing different products. This lab testing machine generates consistent vibrations with a 25mm amplitude and a frequency of 120 strokes per minute. Constructed with sturdy cast iron, it also features a dedicated control panel and railings on both sides of the sample platform to ensure proper placement of the samples.
Besides this, it comes with user-friendly controls and helps to analyze vibration levels that can cause damage to the products.
Below, we have listed the features and technical specifications of this quality testing equipment.
Features of Presto vibration table
Presto vibration table is made with advanced controls and high technology to ensure accurate and repeatable vibration testing. This allows for precise adjustments to be made to the frequency, amplitude, and duration of the vibration, ensuring that the test results are reliable and consistent. Users can easily maximize their package protection against vibrations with the Presto vibration table.
Below, we have listed the advanced features of this quality testing equipment.
- Presto® Vibration tester is rigidly fabricated from MS structure.
- The upper tabletop is suspended for vibration by bearing blocks.
- The fixed amplitude of 25.4mm is generated using cam assembly.
- The frequency of vibration can be varied using the panel box from 2 Hz to 6 Hz.
- Presto’s Vibration table helps to create repeated vehicle movement at an amplitude of 25mm along with the frequency of 120 strokes per minute.
- The machine has an intense cast-iron base along with a separate control panel for long-lasting support.
- The apparatus is incorporated with a rail on the sides of the platform to fix the sample properly.
- The size of the vibration table is 0.5m x 0.5m (Customized size on demand).
- Voltage Requirement: Single Phase 15 Amp. / 230 VAC Voltage
- Connection Type: 3-Pin Plug
- Grouting of Device: Hex Bolt Nuts
- Amplitude: 25.4mm
- Maximum Load Capacity: 100 Kg @ 6 Hz
- Body: Mild Steel Body
- Applications: Packaging Cartons, PET Bottles
- Time Range: up to 99.9 minutes
- Profile Programming: Four Profile Programming Parameters for Frequency Setting
- External Dimension: 820 X 820 X 980mm.
- Standard: ASTM D-999, TAPPI T-817-pm, IS7028 (part II)
With these high-end features and technical specifications, one can accurately test the durability of materials against vibrations.
Working procedure of vibration table
To conduct the vibration test on packages, one needs to install this testing equipment accurately. After that, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Place the device by maintaining a clear distance between the machine and the control panel. Grouting of the machine needs to be done using the hex bolts as the machine vibrates at the time of the test procedure.
- Once you properly install this testing machine, then you can start with specimen preparation. You can take a filled corrugated box that you want to test and close all the sides of it by applying tapes on the sides to fasten them firmly.
- After that, you can place the sample on this testing machine by slightly losing the hex bolt which is provided on the grill on the front side of the machine to open the grill. Close the grill and tighten the hex bolt.
- Once all these steps get completed, then you can easily commence the test. The machine is regulated through software with a built wi-fi system. Thus, you will be provided with a software CD and configure it to operate the machine well.
Overall, the working procedure of a Presto vibration table involves setting up the test sample, setting the vibration parameters, conducting the vibration test, and evaluating the test results to ensure the durability and reliability of the product or packaging against mechanical vibrations.
To conduct a free sample testing for this quality testing equipment, give us a call at +91-9210903903 or email us at email@example.com. Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your needs and queries.