Exposure to vibration can harm the packages, its interior products, and contents. Calculating the real-time damage, or the nature of package stresses, experienced in shipping may require vibration testing of the containers with the help of highly accurate vibration table.
Why is vibration resistance test conducted?
This test may be used to evaluate the container performance, with its interior product both in terms of its strength and the level of protection it will deliver to the product inside in transportation. The test specimen must be a container, intended for shipment, and should be loaded with the products to be delivered. For this purpose, one can use the blemished or rejected products, only if the defect is recorded prior the vibration test. In case of developmental testing, dummy test items can be utilized when required, but not for final acceptance test.
The following testing method is to be applied for evaluating the vibration resistance:
- Place the test specimen on the machine platform in its normal shipping orientation.
- Start the vibration of the platform at a particular frequency, and gradually increase the frequency until some portion of the test specimen repeatedly leaves the test surface.
- Continue the test at this frequency for a length of time stated in the applicable specification, if any, or for a predetermined period, or until a predetermined amount of damage may be detected.
- The test may be stopped momentarily to inspect for damage.
Presto’s Vibration Table is a proficient testing instrument which allows the manufacturer to test the vibration resistance of packages. It simulates the vibrations and shocks subjected to various containers and products during handling and transit. The instrument is used to produce continuous vibrations at an amplitude of 25mm along with the frequency of 120 strokes in a minute. The machine is built on a rigid cast iron and equipped with the separate control panel. It is designed under various testing standards such as ASTM D999, TAPPI T-17, IS 7028(part II).
Key highlights of the instrument:
- Equipped with a digital LED display with feather touch controls.
- Highly accurate test results under various frequency settings.
- Digital timer for setting test run time as per the requirement.
- The instrument has rail surrounding the table to ensure zero sample slippage.
- Strong base plate with the rugged structure to carry heavy loaded sample.