Corrosion is a natural process that affects all metal products. It occurs when the metal reacts with its environment, such as water or air, and causes it to deteriorate. This can lead to costly repairs and replacements for these items. In some cases, corrosion can also cause safety hazards. For example, if a metal structure corrodes too much, it may collapse. Therefore, it is important to test your sample thoroughly while testing. Thus, we at Presto have come up with one of the essential testing instruments for corrosion testing known as the salt spray chamber. The Salt Spray Chamber is a time-tested product that has been specifically designed to assess the rust-proof ability of components. It provides complete flexibility in the simulation of real-life weathering conditions. Here in this blog, we are going to provide you with the information about Presto Cass cum salt spray chamber and how you can easily operate this testing instrument with ease.
Introduction about Presto Cass cum Salt Spray Chamber
Presto’s Cass Cum Salt Spray Chamber is the most reliable equipment for checking the corrosion resistance of surface coatings when exposed to a salt-laden environment. This time-tested product has been specifically designed to assess the rust-proof ability of components to withstand corrosion due to atmospheric conditions.
The Presto salt spray chamber is a versatile and sophisticated instrument that can be used to simulate a wide range of real-life weathering conditions. In industrial testing laboratories, this corrosion tester is used for various research and analysis purposes, such as studying the effect of corrosion on painted and plated metal substrates. The Presto Cass cum salt spray chamber has been embedded with highly innovative features that help you to test the corrosion properties of metals. You can also read about the importance of corrosion testers in the metal industry.
Features of Presto Cass cum salt spray chamber
The Presto testing instrument uses advanced controls to ease your testing process and provide corrosion testing results quickly and efficiently. This model is designed to save you time and money by streamlining the testing process so that you can get accurate results with fewer resources. The Presto testing model is valuable testing equipment for any business or individual who needs to test for corrosion resistance. This model is easy to use and provides accurate results, making it an essential part of your testing arsenal.
- Easy to install and needs low maintenance.
- A highly accurate testing instrument with the temperature control functions.
- Advanced PID controller for effective temperature control.
- Touch screen control panel embedded with advanced features.
- 7″ TFT LCD color screen
- Supports CF memory card
- 3M Flash Memory
- 3 sets of COM ports for multiple
- 8 function keys
Technical specifications of Cass Cum salt spray chamber
- Chamber Temperature Ambient to 350 C.
- Air Saturator Temperature 40oC to 49 o C.
- Fog Collection Funnel 10 cm Diameter & 80 cm2 Area
- pH Value of Salt Solution: 6.5 to 7.2
- Test Air Pressure: 0.7kg/cm2 -1.2kg/cm2
- Mass of Salt Addition 5% of Salt Addition
- Outer Body Material: Fiber Glass
- Chamber Temperature Least Count: 0.1 0 C
- Chamber Temperature Repeatability: ±20 C
- Air Saturator Temperature Least Count: 0.10 C
- Air Saturator Temperature Repeatability: ±20 C
- Mode of Operation: HMI Interface
- Electrical supply: 15 Amp. 230 V AC, Single Phase, 50 Hz + Earth
- Power consumption: 4.2 KW
With these features and technical specifications, it will be easy for you to conduct the salt spray test with Presto Lab Testing Instruments.
Now, let us focus on the steps to operate the Presto Cass cum salt spray chamber.
Steps to operate Presto Cass cum salt spray chamber
Rust and corrosion are serious problems for any metal product. Rust compromises the structural integrity of the metal, making it more susceptible to breakage. Corrosion can also eat away at the surface of the metal, reducing its lifespan.
In order to protect metal products from rust and corrosion, manufacturers often apply a surface coating. Surface coatings are an important part of this protection, but they must be applied properly in order to be effective. Testing the effectiveness of these surface coatings is necessary so as to deliver accurate products to customers. With the Presto salt spray chamber, you can effectively perform this function. You can easily operate this testing equipment by following the steps mentioned below.
- First of all, turn ON the machine by plugging the main socket of the machine into a 3-pin 15 amp socket.
- Connect the M8- PU Pipe within the Air Saturator DM Water Inlet Port and fill the air saturator with DM Water.
- Click on Menu from the Main Screen of the HMI Interface.
- Prepare a salt solution to fill the reservoir tank
- Prepare the test sample and place it correctly on the machine.
Once these above steps will be followed, you can operate the HMI interface by setting the value. When you set all the values, click on Run Test from the HMI interface to continue the process of testing. In this way, you can easily operate the machine. To conduct a FREE demo of this lab testing equipment, give us a call at +91-9210903903 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your queries.