Tensile testing, also known as tension testing, is a widely used type of mechanical testing that applies force to a material in order to determine its strength and elastic properties. This quality test is performed by attaching the material to two fixtures, which are then pulled apart.
The force required to cause the material to fail is recorded, as well as the elongation of the material at failure. Tensile testing can be used to evaluate a wide range of materials, including fabrics, paper, rubber, plastic films, rigid plastics, and metal parts. Thus, you can easily evaluate the tensile properties of materials with the use of the Presto tensile strength tester. This is one of the highly recommended lab testing instruments that are useful for evaluating the tensile properties of the materials with ease. This lab testing equipment has been equipped with an upper jaw and lower jaw that will move at a designated speed with the help of a motor attached to it. This makes it easy for you to conduct the tensile strength test. Here in this blog, we are going to discuss how you can easily prepare the specimen for the tensile strength test. But first, we will focus on brief information about this lab testing equipment.
Introduction about Presto tensile strength tester
Tensile testing is a critical quality test for ensuring the safety and reliability of materials and parts. By determining the engineering stress and other properties of a material or part, tensile testing can help to identify potential failure points before they occur. In many cases, tensile testing can also be used to compare the strength of different materials or parts. As a result, tensile testing is an essential part of quality control for many industries. From automotive manufacturing to aerospace engineering, tensile testing plays a vital role in ensuring that products meet the highest standards of safety and quality. You can also read the information about how a tensile strength tester helps to determine the quality of plastics.
This digital tensile strength testing machine will help you to measure the force required to break the materials by extending them to the breaking point. Below we have listed the features and technical specifications of this lab testing instrument.
Features of Presto tensile strength tester
Tensile testing is essential for quality assurance tests for many products as it helps to determine the strength and integrity of materials. The Presto tensile testing machine is a highly precise testing instrument that is used to carry out this type of testing. The machine applies a force to the material being tested, and the resultant data is used to calculate the tensile strength of the material.
This information is essential for ensuring that products are made from materials that are strong enough to withstand the intended use. The tensile testing machine is just one of many different types of testing instruments that are used in material testing. By providing accurate data, these instruments help to ensure that products are of the highest quality. Below we have listed the features you will get with Presto tensile strength tester.
- High testing range
- Vice-type clamping grips for firm gripping of the test specimen.
- Advanced peak load indicator for accurate readout and storage of test results.
- Limit switches protection for the protection of grips and the machine.
- Strong load frame.
- Safety limit switches are incorporated for both the upward and the downward directions.
- Completely hardened and nickel-plated center load bearing screw provided for longer, rugged life.
- Aesthetically designed using heavy Metal channels covering the side rods.
- Minimum maintenance requirements and low wear and tear of parts.
- Displays all operational data - The software window displays all operational data e.g. force, elongation, strain, and percentage elongation.
- Memory function - Test data may be displayed, saved for future reference, or printed for reports, certification, and presentations.
- Simple operation - Test parameters are easily set through a simple key & point & click entry with the mouse.
Technical Specifications of Presto tensile strength tester
- Load Cell Capacity: 10000 kgf
- Test Speed Range with Speed drive (optional): 50 - 500mm/min
- Load Monitoring: Peak Load indicator with digital readout and peak hold feature
- Load Sensor S-type Load Cell
- Clamping mechanism: Vice type clamping Grips
- Load accuracy: ±3% full scale (with master load)
- Elongation: ±3% full scale
- Least count: 10 Kg
- Load Cell Overload safety: <80% of the total load
- Drive Mechanism: Variable Frequency Drive Mechanism
- Safety Feature: Up and down fixed and movable limit switch rings
- Over Load relay contact rating: Potential free relay 5 Amp. 220 V AC single phase
- Earthing Required: Proper Earthing is required corresponding to not more than 4 V AC with respect to neutral.
- Motor Capacity: 5 HP
- Gear Box Ratio: 7.5:1
With these features and technical specifications, you will be able to test the tensile properties of materials with ease. You can also read about how you can grow your business by testing your products with tensile strength testing equipment.
How to prepare a rectangular-shaped specimens with Presto tensile strength tester?
To prepare the rectangular-shaped specimen for Presto tensile strength test, then we suggest you go follow the steps mentioned below.
- Take a sample strip from the material you want to test.
- Place it on the dumbbell cutting die.
- Cut the specimen from the sample strip as stated in the test standard for that material.
In this way, you can easily cut the rectangular-shaped specimen with the help of this lab testing instrument. To know more information about this testing instrument like tensile strength tester price, discounts, etc. give us a call at +91-9210903903 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team of technical experts will help to solve all your queries.