Wall thickness of a PET bottle is a very important aspect of quality assurance process. The PET bottles are extensively employed for packaging of different products and are subjected to extensive pressure during transportation and storage. In order to survive such heavy pressures, the pet bottles need to be very strong. The wall thickness measurement is one of the basic methods to ensure the best quality and strength of the products. The Wall thickness of the PET bottles is measured with the help of a wall thickness gauge. The instrument is a very precise and accurate testing instrument that can be used for measuring the thickness of any non-ferrous material.
The wall thickness gauge works on the principle of Hall’s Effect which states that there is a creation of potential difference between two points when they are subjected to a varying magnetic field. It gives an easy procedure for testing the wall thickness of the specimen with great accuracy. The instrument is given with a magnetic probe and a target ball. The target ball is placed on the in side of the surface, and the probe is placed on the other side of the surface being measured. The time taken by a magnetic field in being reflected from the target ball to the probe helps in calculating the wall thickness.
Key attributes of Magnamike Wall Thickness Gauge
- Multiple languages are available with the instrument such as German, Japanese, English.
- The instrument is very lightweight and easily portable.
- The instrument comes with a lithium ion battery with a battery backup of 12 hours.
- The instrument is provided with high and low alarms.
Technical information of Magnamike Wall thickness gauge
- The capture measurement rate offered by the instrument is 60 Hz.
- The display updating rates offered by the device are 4 Hz, 8 Hz, 16 Hz, and 20 Hz.
- The Video Graphic Amplification display fitted in the device has a resolution of 640 X 480 pixels.
- There is a wide range of resolution offered by the instrument ranging from 0.1 mm to 0.001 mm.
- An alphanumeric file based data logger is provided with the device.
Application of Wall Thickness Gauge in PET Industries
In PET industries, the wall thickness gauge can help in determining the accurate thickness of the walls of PET bottles so that the users can easily determine the strength of the bottles. Additionally, with measurement of wall thickness, the users can also ensure that the manufacturing process for PET bottles is commenced in an efficient and uniform manner.