The pharmaceutical industry requires safe and secure packaging to maintain the identification and stability of the drugs. The packaging must provide proper protection and reduce the risk of contamination. The drugs should not react chemically and physically with the contents, or it could increase the possibility of toxicity. The packaging of pharmaceutical products means protection, information, and ease. The containers, cartons, closures, and boxes are a form of typical packaging. The glass, metal, plastic, metal materials are used for closures. There are various testing instruments to keep the integrity, quality, and compatibility of packaging materials. The type of pharmaceutical materials helps to decide the requirements and specification of quality testing.
The containers are tested for chemical resistance, water resistance; the closure is tested for transparency tester, sealability, etc. A good packaging maintains the therapeutic effectiveness of the medicines till the time they are consumed. A good packaging is an art which includes storage, transportation and article preparation.
What is an Ideal Packaging?
- An ideal packaging keeps the product safe without spoiling or leaking the actual products.
- Protection from environmental conditions is vital such as moisture, air, and light at the time of storage.
- Gas permeability is another critical factor.
- For tolerating the shocks of transportation, packages require good strength resistance.
What is an ideal packaging container?
- Ensure to select containers with a comprehensive care after considering the nature or type of the articles. A container must be chosen after considering the effects of storage and transportation.
- The design of container must allow proper removal of the materials and must provide high safety to prevent loss of constituents. The container must not have any chemical and physical impact with the contents. Any contamination of the drugs is an invitation of toxicity.
- Prefer airtight container that is resistant to liquids, gases, and solids during handling, shipment, and storage. If the container needs to be opened for more than one time, remember to check the airtight feature when closed again. The container must be resistant to air or any other gases.
- Water absorption and moisture resistance protect the contents from being spoiled.
- The crushing, bursting, and compression resistance adds more protections against damage to contents packed inside.
The testing equipment is intended to provide secure and safe transportation of sensitive goods like medicines, and food items to prevent the risk of contamination as well as toxicity. The pharmaceutical industry using advanced testing machines for providing the excellent protection to the drugs, so consumers do not face any health hazard.