The paper and packaging business is expanding at a rapid rate. The key cause for development is the growing need for packaging solutions to assure product quality by manufacturers in various sectors. The correct packing material is utilized to not only keep the items secure but also to build the brand's identity. This will be possible by testing each and every factor of the packaging product with the use of the right testing instrument. The printing of package labels is one of the most important aspects of packaging. The printed paper explains the brand identity, handling instructions, firm logo, address, and other details. If the scuff resistance of printed materials against scratches or scouring isn't up to par, the items' appeal will suffer significantly. Therefore, we at Presto have come up with one of the amazing lab testing instruments called a scuff resistance tester.
This abrasion testing instrument is helpful in evaluating the print quality of different types of packaging materials. You will easily get highly accurate testing results under uniform load and specified diameter. Here in this blog, we will discuss some easy-to-follow and simple steps to test the scuff resistance of packaging products. But before that, let’s focus on the role of scuff resistance tester in the packaging industry.
Role of scuff resistance tester in the packaging industry
Scuff resistance testing is an important part of the packaging business. Scuffs can detract from the look of your goods and lead to unwanted returns. Scuff resistance testing should be done to avoid these issues. As a result, by using a Presto scuff resistance tester, you will be able to simply perform the scuff resistance test and increase the quality of your packing material.
This easy-to-install lab testing equipment will provide you with consistent testing results. It comes with movable plates for the purpose of connecting the testing samples. These two plates will get rubbed together. The preset counter determines the number of spins. The number of rotations can be adjusted based on the severity of real-time situations. The packaging items are rubbed against various rough surfaces during transit, which can harm the printed materials, thus the manufacturers must examine the quality of the printed labels before delivering the products to the customers. What are you waiting for? Improve the quality of packaging labels with the use of Presto scuff resistance tester.
This print quality tester has been embedded with high-end features and technical specifications that make it unique among other brands. So, let us discuss them below.
Features of Presto scuff resistance tester
Scuff resistance tester rubs two printed surfaces in the same plane, face to face, at a constant pace, and with consistent pressure. Packaging industries use a scuff resistance tester to detect color transfer from coated or printed surfaces when they will get rubbed. This testing machine offers the highest level of quality to its clients by adhering to requirements. The sample sizes are 48mm and 120mm, with a 1 psi weight sample and extra 1 psi weights are also included. It can cycle between 0 and 99999 times.
This lab testing instrument makes it easier for you to determine the scuff resistance of packaging labels. It has been made in accordance with testing standards and has been equipped with high-end features.
- Easy to install and maintain.
- Reduce printing error by effective testing
- Highly accurate testing results of printing quality
- It has been pre-set with a large number of strokes (typically 100 cycles)
- The machine can be started as per customer specifications
- Sample can be tested within a short span of time
- Consist of HMI display for accurate reading of the test.
Technical specifications of Presto scuff resistance tester
- Model Type: Prima Model
- Test Weight: 2psi (Customized as per Requirement)
- Rubbing: Anti-Directional @60rpm by both upper jaw and lower jaw
- Display: HMI
- Digital Counter Range: 0-9999 Counts
- Diameter of Upper Clamp: 48mm ± 2mm
- Diameter of Lower Clamp: 120mm ± 2mm
- Upper Motor Capacity: 10kg/cm2 / 220VAC Single Phase Synchronous
- Lower Motor Capacity: ¼ HP / 220VAC Single Phase, 120RPM
- Rotation of Upper Clamp: Anti-clockwise @60 rpm
- Rotation of Lower Clamp: Clockwise @60 rpm
- Safety Lock Provided with: Provided with Panel
- Mode of Operation: Manual/ /Motorized
- Input Voltage: 5 Amp. 220 V AC, Single Phase, 50 Hz + Earth
- Sample Preparation Templates: 3 Nos. (50, 100, 200)
- Standard: ASTM F 2497-05
With these features and technical specifications, you will be able to conduct the scuff resistance test with ease. Now, let us focus on the steps to prepare the testing sample for the scuff resistance test.
Steps to prepare a testing sample for scuff resistance test
If you wish to get accurate test results using a scuff resistance tester, then we suggest you prepare the testing specimen first. For this, you can follow the steps mentioned below.
Sample preparation for upper clamp
- First of all, take a piece of the sample that you need to test.
- Now, take the “smaller size” of the template of 48mm (provided with the machine) to mark the size of the sample.
- Now cut the sample.
Sample preparation for the lower clamp
- Take the same piece of sample on which you want to perform the test.
- Now take a “bigger size” template of 120mm to mark the size of the sample for the lower clamp by placing it on the sample.
- Now cut the sample using a cutter or scissors.
In this way, you can easily prepare the samples for the scuff resistance test. To know about scuff resistance tester price, or want to have a FREE sample testing session at our firm then you can give us a call at +91-9210903903 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team of technical experts will assist you with all your queries and provide you with the necessary information.