Laminates and packaging films are frequently used in a variety of applications, from food packaging to construction materials. In order to ensure that these materials will perform as intended, it is necessary to test their friction strength. Thus, we at Presto have come up with one of the highly advanced lab testing instruments known as the Presto co-efficient of friction tester. Presto’s friction tester for plastic films is a highly versatile and useful testing instrument that has been made for a variety of industries. It is mostly used to evaluate the coefficient of sliding friction of plastic sheets, papers, films, and pipes.
This allows for an accurate assessment of how different materials will interact with each other. In addition, this lab testing instrument can also be used to measure the static and kinetic frictional coefficients of other surfaces, such as metal or glass. As a result, the Presto Co-efficient of friction tester is an essential lab testing equipment for those who are working with materials that need to slide smoothly against each other. If you want to make your lab testing instrument work for a longer time, then you need to maintain this testing equipment. For this, we have come up with the most effective tips to maintain Presto co-efficient of friction tester. So, let us get started!
Test the friction strength of packaging films with Presto co-efficient of friction tester
The packaging industry is responsible for the packaging and transportation of goods. In order to reduce or avoid damages and losses due to friction present in packaging films, a test is performed with the lab testing instrument called a coefficient-of-friction (COF) tester. The Presto COF tester is used to determine the static and kinetic coefficients of friction of various packaging materials. The results of the test help engineers design better packaging products and systems.
The COF tester is also used to measure the frictional force between two surfaces in contact. Besides packaging, this lab testing instrument will also work best for the plastic industry. Coefficient of friction (CoF) is a key material property that is frequently measured in the plastics industry. It is a measure of how much force is required to slide one material over another and is typically reported as a dimensionless number.
CoF measurements are typically made using a friction testing device, such as the Presto CoF Tester. In this set-up, the plastic packaging film is dragged across a stainless steel surface and the force required to move the film is measured. The CoF value can then be calculated based on the known properties of the materials and the measured force.
CoF values are important for many applications, such as predicting how easily a prescription bottle will slide out of its packaging or how much friction will be generated when opening a food package. By understanding the CoF of their materials, manufacturers can design products that function more smoothly and efficiently. You can read about the significance of Presto COF tester in the plastic industry.
Below we have listed the features and technical specifications of the Presto COF tester.
Features of Presto COF tester
The coefficient of friction testing instrument is one of the amazing lab testing instruments that will be helpful in determining the exact COF of packaging materials. Below we have listed the features of the Presto COF tester:
- Microprocessor-based display for accurate test results
- Display for Dynamic and Kinetic Friction
- Memory to hold up to 9 test reading
- Highly accurate test results under sliding friction.
- Steel with Glass Mounting as Sample Mounting Surface
- Slider Block for performing tests – Sample to Sample, glass or metal
- No slippage in case specimen is tightened uniformly using fly screws without any loops.
- Bright LED display
- Feather touch controls
- Standards : ASTM D 618, ASTM D 883, BS 2782, and ASTM D 1894
Technical Specifications of Presto COF tester
- Co-efficient of friction reveals the degree of transgression a sheet will successfully suffer, without affecting the labels and prints
- Maximum Capacity of Load Cell: 3 Kgf
- Display: Digital LED Display
- Device Accuracy: ± 1% within the entire range
- Resolution /Least Count: 0.1 gm
- Power: 220V, Single phase, 50 Hz
- Speed: 150 ± 30 mm/min
- Motor: 1/4 HP Single Phase, 1440 rpm
With these features and technical specifications, it will be easy for you to determine the co-efficient of plastic films.
Now, let us focus on how you can easily maintain the Presto COF tester.
How to maintain the Presto COF tester efficiently?
The packaging materials like thermoplastic films, laminates, etc. will slide easily when stacked over each other. Thus, it is important for you to test the COF of these materials with a Presto COF tester. Below we have listed the top 5 tips to maintain this testing machine efficiently.
- Proper greasing of the lead screw and motor assembly once in six months.
- The glass plate should be dirt and dust-free.
- Do not place sharp tools on the glass plate to avoid scratches.
- While clamping the sample, the clamp should be handled with care to protect the glass against any leakage.
- Do not put the sample while running the machine.
With these tips, you can easily maintain this lab testing equipment. To take a virtual demo of this friction tester, give us a call at +91-9210903903 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your queries.