Plastics are widely used in a variety of applications because of their unique properties. They have excellent strength and can be molded into any shape. They are also non-reactive to chemicals and can withstand rough and adverse working conditions.
In addition, plastics are lightweight and easy to transport, making them an ideal material for a wide range of applications. Thus, with the Presto melt flow index tester, you will be able to measure the viscosity and melt flow rate of plastics by keeping them in a molten state. The flow rate of these plastic materials will directly be related to the hardness, density, and strength of materials. Here in this blog, we are going to provide you with brief information about how you can easily maintain a melt flow index testing instrument. But first, we will focus on how the Presto MFI tester will help you to analyze the flow rate of molten plastics with ease. So, let us get started!
What is the use of melt flow index tester in the plastic industry?
Plastics can be molded into almost any shape, making them perfect for products that need to be a specific size or shape like PET bottles. Besides this, plastics are also considered to be reliable and durable materials to be used in various industries. These properties make plastics an essential material for many industries. Thus, to make sure that you are delivering the right plastic products to your customers, it is important for you to test the melt flow rate of plastics and polymers.
You can easily do this by using the Presto melt flow index tester. This lab testing equipment comes with features like a touch screen display, protective mesh around the barrel, and automatic cutter activation. This testing machine can melt the granules to measure the viscosity and melt flow by keeping them in a molten state. Thus, with the help of this testing instrument, you will be able to measure the relation between the viscosity and molecular structure of plastic resins by calculating the melt flow rate.
You can easily read about the significance of melt flow rate tester in the plastic industry. Now, let us focus on the features and technical specifications of the Presto melt flow index tester.
Features of Presto melt flow index tester
The Presto Melt Flow Index Tester is an invaluable tool for determining the quality of plastic products. This tester can be used by any manufacturing unit that deals with molten plastics or resins to evaluate their flow properties, which help them, produce better results after testing. The Presto MFI tester has been made in accordance with industry standards and has been equipped with a high set of features, which we have listed below.
- It automatically calculates MFI.
- Integrated with the latest touch screen facility.
- Offers Digital pre-settable timer.
- Provides automatic cutting of melted granules.
- Provides a temperature that can vary from ambient to 4000
- Reliable Instrument for evaluating flow properties of molten plastics.
- Easy changeability of weights.
Technical Specifications of Presto MFI tester
- It has a resolution of 1°C that provides an accuracy of ± 0.1°C.
- It has a digital pre-settable timer extensible up to 59 minutes and 59 seconds.
- It provides automatic cutting of melted plastic.
- The equipment ensures easy operation and accuracy as it provides various weight changeability options. The weight can be 1.2 kg, 2.16 kg, and 3.8 kg.
- It is a touch screen model with an inbuilt calculator.
- The body of the machine has a powder-coated paint finish that ensures corrosion resistance.
- It can be used on single phase power of 230 Volts and 50 Hz.
With these features and technical specifications, it will be easy for you to conduct a melt flow test by using this lab testing equipment. You can read about how an MFI tester is helpful in testing Solar Cell encapsulants.
Now, let us focus on the tips to maintain this lab testing equipment effortlessly.
How to maintain Presto melt flow index tester effortlessly?
As anyone who has used a melt flow index tester knows, it is an essential tool for measuring the viscosity of molten plastics. However, like all instruments, it can be susceptible to wear and tear over time. In order to prolong the life of your tester, there are a few simple things you can do. If you want to use this lab testing instrument to be used for a longer time, then you must follow the tips that we have mentioned below.
- Ensure that the barrel and orifice die are always cleaned before and after commencing the test.
- While cleaning the barrel, ensure that the cleaning tool is inserted straight into the barrel without any deflection.
- Once the testing procedure is complete, do not turn off the machine without cleaning it properly.
- Dead weights should not clash with each other to avoid wear and tear.
- Do not try to exceed the maximum heating capacity of the machine.
- Operate the cutting knife carefully while the machine is in auto mode.
With these useful tips, you can easily maintain the Presto MFI tester. This testing equipment will be considered to be the best formula to evaluate the viscosity of polymers. You can also take a FREE sample testing session by calling us at +91-9210 903 903 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your queries.